Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August News

We've had a lot going on in our family this month and I guess I've been so busy soaking it all up that I forgot to take many pictures!
August, for a teacher, marks the end of summer and school looming around the corner.
Those that are teachers understand and appreciate that without that summer we wouldn't survive.
We wouldn't survive because we put our heart, our soul, and our time into every single child that walks through our doors.
Sometimes we do this despite tremendous struggles - including from the child we are fighting for!
We don't do it for the summer "off" and we sure don't do it for the money.
We do it because God has given us a servant's heart and we are willing to fight for our childrens' futures! We know that God has plans for them.
Last year God gave me the opportunity to stay home from teaching and to serve my own babies. A time I would not trade for the world.
God seems to have a different plan for me this year. We will trust in Him and the doors He has opened allowing me to go back to teaching. To be honest, I was not originally happy about this path and if truth were told - I still have my moments.... BUT, we don't know what the big picture is and therefore we must trust in His ultimate plan.
Maybe that's been my hesitation in taking pictures....... I don't want to spend my time behind the camera but instead soaking up every last second with my little ones!!


God has definetly had a hand in this process. There have been many small signs He has given us to set our mind at ease. We know that He is in control.


The biggest sign - the blessing that has meant the world to me...... Carmen! My good friend agreed to keep our kids for us! At one point she had a daycare from her house which is where Sam went. We became great friends. She is a rock with an amazingly strong and inspirational faith! Last year she and I both decided to quite our jobs and work part time at a Christian pre-school. We ended up working in the same class 1/2 the year - trouble and fun all at the same time :)!!


When I accepted my job we immediately called and asked Carmen if she would keep our kids for us. I felt it was the only way I could comfortably go back to work.


There has been NO transition drama, no tears - even from Matt!!!! The playdate we had at her house the Friday before work (for Matt's benefit - Sam was totally excited about the idea of going to Carmens!) went soooo well - as seen in the picture below :)


To say that knowing my kids are happy has made going back to work easier is an UnDeR sTaTeMeNt! I have been given the opportunity to focus on the sweet KD kiddos I will be working with (special ed kinder) instead of stressing about how my own little ones are doing. I have no doubt they are loving their day at Carmen's and that she is loving on them the whole time!!! As a matter of fact - our only problem is that Sam cries when she has to LEAVE Carmen's house!! :)


I am ready to tackle this new experience knowing the God is in control. I am intrigued to see where He takes our family this next year!


I hope to continue keeping up with the blog although I can promise it won't be as often for a little while - I have to find my feet first :)



Love xoxoxoxo


Posted by Picasa

No comments: