Our vacation started in Perryton at Grams' and Papa's house. As I'm going through my pics I didn't take as many there as I thought I did - too much fun myself I guess!
The kids had a blast as usual and were going 90-nothin' all the time! We played in the sprinkler, set up the tent for them, visited with lots of family, geocached (I'll explain in a bit!), watched movies on Papa's big TV, played on the mountain, hung a tire swing, drove the tractor & golf cart, etc etc etc - I could go on and on..... fun times for sure!
have any of you heard of it?? If not and you like treasure hunting this is for you!! Or - maybe we are just dorks and enjoy free entertainment for our children (or us, shhh). Either way, this was a big part of our vacationing this time! My friend Mandy told us about this. There is a website/app you can go to that list millions, literally millions, of hidden treasures called geocaches all over the world. You find ones near you and get their coordinates - then go hunt!
We were surprised to find that there were 2 right in Perryton!
My Aunt Connie was excited about the adventure and joined us on our first hunt. There are various sizes and our first geocache was the micro size (the hardest to find) - Chuck is holding it!
There was also one hidden at the Ochiltree county cemetery! Yes - we were those parents who took their kids to a cemetery for fun, ha! I did learn a bit of history about my county so it was pretty cool - the teacher in me was excited about the many learning opportunities this activity will provide for my kids!!yes - I know, my sisters are thinking I'm a dork right now!
I grasp that title whole-heartly and with pride ;)
The one at the cemetery was hidden in a tree!If the geocaches are large enough there are "treasures" inside that you can trade out for something of equal or greater value. Sam was excited about that.
At trip to Perryton isn't complete without seeing my Meemaw and Poppop! Oh how I love them and wish we could see them more often!
Poppop has been smart from early on and knew the way to a child's heart is through their belly! Since Sam was little he has always come prepared to lure her to him with a shirt pocket full of candy :)! Brilliant!!
Sam doesn't know the exact names of the skittles/reeces pieces/etc, all she knows them as are "pockets" :) She came up with that when she was younger and we would tell her to go look for more in Poppop's pocket. Now the bribery includes Matt - another lover of sweets!
Enjoying his "pockets" from a perfect Matt perch...
Then we got visits out at the house as well - Matt LOVES dinosaur books right now!
The next part of our vacation was at Mom and Dad's cabin in Angel Fire with the Olsons!
Oh - Sam-isms that I want to document for future reference.... :)
Her favorite cat that she named "Halifwinett" - she came up with that name 1 yr ago and hasn't forgotten it!
She loves "Grams juice" - apple juice in the box that she only gets at Grams' house.
"Grams, I've always wanted to watch a movie"- her hint that she wanted to watch a movie on Papa's big TV as soon as we got there!
"Can I take my pants off?"- a phrase she used regularly. She prefers to just run around the house in her panties!
xoxoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment