Saturday, June 11, 2011

Camping with the wee-ones!

We recently ventured out to get up close and personal with God's beauty!

On Friday morning we loaded up the back of the truck - a ridiculous amount considering we were only camping one night- and headed for Lake Ray Roberts.

(warning - there might be some less-than-fully-dressed kiddos pictured below :) - we were at the lake people!)




The campsite we were in was very secluded and beautiful...but.... quite a hike! Especially considering all that we had packed! Daddy and Sam were "pumped" to be hauling all our stuff the 3/8 of a mile to our spot (seemed MUCH more than that!)


This was load 1 of 3 - stroller was a genius idea of Chuck's to haul stuff!


helping Daddy set up the tent.....
watching Daddy set up the tent while enjoying a yummy "Hobo pizza"


If you know my daughter at all you know that she is obsessed/terrified of bugs. Not a great combination when camping! My plan was to de-sensitize her but in reality she was normally just completely pre-occupied and obsessed with them. Here she is sitting in time-out (another story) and totally concerned with getting the flies off the bottle!




Already looking "rough" and we hadn't even been at the site long! Hair-do is compliments of a banana in the car on the way - flies LOVED him ..... and sunscreen, and bug spray!


She had already snuck away and started stripping in order to get in the lake - such a poser!




As soon as I turned to get her suit I looked back and saw that she was finishing the stripping - ha! Bum planted "comfortably" on this rock!



Lookin' good man!

"In the zone" as she enjoyed a s'more - camping life was not friendly to her hair ;)



such a big boy....


Sam was still working on her s'more while we put Matt to bed. Once we finished it was dark and Daddy took this pic - tired much?!?!



As I said before, we had an awesome site! This is the view right out the front of our tent and we were totally secluded except for the occasional boat or jet ski that went by. Needless to say we spent LOTS of time in the water!
I brought swim trunks for Matt but really - what's the point, he was in and out so much that we just sported the diaper....











I must note (Totally for Sammie's sake when she's older and reading this!) that our daughter currently has a "sneaky cheek" problem! It's constant! Documented (mildly) in the picture below our daughter can't seem to keep her bum covered - more specifically the right cheek! Whether it be panties or swimsuit the right cheek is terminally out for all to see! Embarrassing, I know - but I felt it important to document so that one day she can read this in total embarrassment :) - love you Sam!


"No Mommy, I did NOT just put rocks in my mouth."


having a little sibling pow-wow as Mommy and Daddy packed up the campsite
After loading up the truck we topped off our trip by meeting the Olsons and the Mortons (minus Karra) at the swimming area to play and eat lunch. It was so great!


What a wonderful, fun-filled weekend!!


**note: injury report....;)

Matt: bruise on cheek from branch

Sam: skinned up elbow just 20 min into camping

Mommy: fat lip from Matt!

Daddy: sunburn

ha!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I think we'll live vicariously through you guys on the camping for now!
I have found something fun...StackerMallows! They are squished, rectangular marshmallows made specifically for s'mores! WHAT???!!